Wednesday, May 14, 2008

This Morning's Commute - I Danced

This morning I loaded up the panniers of Wally and filled up the tires with a few more pounds of pressure. A few minutes later when I was ready to move on down the road I noticed the rear tire was flat. "Crap", I thought to myself, because I was running a little behind and I did not have time to change out a tire. No problem, I moved the work clothes to the back pack and grabbed the Old Raleigh from the stable.

So you're asking me, "what does this have to do with the title of your post"? If you would stop interrupting me I will get to the point, thank you very much.

It was a perfect morning for commuting. I felt energized from the start of the 5.5 mile commute. I was pedaling at a good pace and once I got to the prison hill I kept it in the big chain ring for most of the climb. I am usually in my easiest gearing and fighting up the hill at a slower than snail's pace.

Yes, today I had a great ride in to work. I can't tell you how fast because I don't know. I did not have a computer on the bike and I don't really care how fast I was going, what my heart rate was or what cadence I was spinning.

What matters to me is I have more energy than ever, I had no aches or pains in the back or knees. 


I was dancing on the pedals this morning.

-Peace and bike love.